- What was the Great Depression and why did it start in the USA?
- Ideas of race in the late 19th and 20th centuries
- Challenges to capitalism; Russian Revolution and the establishment of the Communist state
- Impact of pseudo-scientific racism and Social Darwinism on the 19th and 20th Centuries
- Impact of World War II: how the nature of political quest for independence in Africa changed after 1945
- Communism in Russia 1900 to 1940
- Capitalism in the USA 1900 to 1940
In the 19th century governments in different parts of the world based their policies and laws on the new ideas about race that were developed by the Europeans at that time. Today these policies and laws are not only found racist, but are also regarded as pseudo-scientific because they are not scientifically valid and are not based on scientific facts.