- uMkhonto weSizwe (MK)
- Rivonia Trial 1963 - 1964
- ’Operation Mayibuye.’ Document found by police at Lilliesleaf Farm, Rivonia, 11 July 1963.
- Sharpeville Massacre, 21 March 1960
- Pan Africanist Congress (PAC)
- The Anti-Pass Campaigns 1960
- Congress of the People and the Freedom Charter
- Armed and Trained: Nelson Mandela’s 1962 military mission as Commander in Chief of Umkhonto we Sizwe and provenance for his buried Makarov pistol by Garth Conan Benneyworth
History Through Pictures
This Day in History
Dear friends of SAHO
South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support.
SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfill our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
Please help us deliver this by contributing upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.