You are here
Home » The first group of Dorslandtrekkers (Thirstland trekkers), under leadership of Gert Alberts, leaves Pretoria.
The first group of Dorslandtrekkers (Thirstland trekkers), under leadership of Gert Alberts, leaves Pretoria.
An Anglican bishop announces his resignation in protest against South Africa’s apartheid system. An Anglican bishop announces his resignation in pr... ...read more
Hans Olaf Waldemar Rüdiger Emmerich Felix Januarius (Olaf) Andresen, composer, mainly of light music, dies in Kempton Park, Tv Hans Olaf Waldemar RÁ¼diger Emmerich Felix Januari... ...read more
Opening Parliament, State President Vorster promises South Africa a new deal, new economic and financial measures and a new con Opening Parliament, State President Vorster promis... ...read more
More Events From TODAY
- 1837 Piet Retief’s Great Trek manifesto is completed
- 1874 Josephine Wood, founder of the South African Library for the Blind, is born in Grahamstown
- 1879 Cetshwayo’s men defeat British troops
- 1879 Zulu warriors defeat British Army at the Isandlwana Mountain
- 1936 Jan Volschenk, a well-known South African painter, dies
- 1964 Kenneth Kaunda becomes the Prime Minister of Northern Rhodesia (Zambia)
- 1981 Percy Qoboza, editor of the Post, states that it is difficult to see how a credible newspaper for Blacks can be created in South Africa
more dates like these...