Judas Mahlangu, a South African graphic artist, was born in Brakpan, on the East Rand (now Gauteng). In 1982 Mahlangu started working at the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) as a graphic artist. He is a member of the Soweto Art Society (SAS) and produces mono- and polychromatic etchings. Mahlangu participated in group and solo exhibitions locally and abroad, including group exhibitions in Germany, Israel, Portugal and New York. Several corporate and private collections contain examples of his work .
Judas Mahlangu is born
Sunday, 14 January 1951
This Day In History dates for TODAY
- 1838 Gert Maritz (41), Voortrekker leader, dies.
- 1867 Anna Tempo is born
- 1913 Women protest against passes in the Free State
- 1941 Navanethem (Navi) Pillay is born
- 1948 Paul Michael Sibisi, SA artist and teacher involved in setting up cultural art workshops in Natal, is born.
- 1970 South African Political activist, James Sofasonke Mpanza dies
- 1979 Worldwide speculation begins that a bright flash detected over the southern Indian Ocean was a South African nuclear test
more dates like these...