You are here
Home » Twenty-three people are injured in a bomb blast in a Wimpy Bar in East London.
Twenty-three people are injured in a bomb blast in a Wimpy Bar in East London.
Tunisia becomes a French protectorate. Tunisia becomes a French protectorate.
Pope John Paul II issues the 11th encyclical of his papacy in which he condemns abortion and euthanasia as crimes that no human Pope John Paul II issues the 11th encyclical of hi... ...read more
Hendrika (Rikie) Postma, author of chiefly Bible stories and other stories for children and prominent supporter of the Ossewa-t Hendrika (Rikie) Postma, author of chiefly Bible s... ...read more
More Events From TODAY
- 1647 The Dutch Indiaman, the Nieuwe Haerlem, is wrecked in a storm in Table Bay
- 1807 British Parliament passes the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act
- 1939 Pius Langa is born
- 1961 Nelson Mandela is appointed the Secretary of the National Action Council
- 1963 PAC’s leader, Potlako Leballo confirms that Poqo is the organisation’s military wing
- 1983 Cassim Mohammed Bassa dies
- 1990 The seven day war in Kwazulu-Natal starts
more dates like these...