Andrew Tshabangu was born in Soweto, Johannesburg, Transvaal (now Gauteng), South Africain 1966. Andrew has studied at a number of institutions, amongst them at the Institute of Advancement for Journalism in 1998 and at the Alexandra Community art centre in Johannesburg. He taught photography at the Children's Photography Workshop, 1995 and in 1998 and 1999 he taught at both the Market Photo Workshop and post Matric photography courses. In 1998 he was an artist in residency at the Gasworks Art Studio, London.
CONTRUBUTION TO BOOKS
- Tracing the Rainbow - Art and Life in Southern Africa
- A Bigger Picture - A manual of photojournalism in South Africa
- Premiere Histoire de la photographie Africaine
- With Our Own Hands
- Connecting Africa-Guyana, Guyana, 2001
- Portrait of the spirit, Johannesburg, 2002
- Every child is my child, Pretoria, 2000
- A world of Christians: Christian art from South Africa, 2000
- Translation/Seduction/Displacement "White Diaspora", New York, 2000
- Portrait Africa, Berlin, 2000
- An evening of photography, New York, 1999
- Africa by Africa, London, 1999
- Art dialogue, Germany, Cape Town, 1999
- Anthologie de la photographie Africaine, Paris, 1998
- Seconde Recontre de la photogrpahie Africaine, Mali, 1996
- 20th anniversary of Soweto students uprising, Soweto, 1996
Dear friends of SAHO
South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support.
SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfill our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
Please help us deliver this by contributing upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.