Places

Ladysmith today acts as a commercial centre for the large surrounding farming district became the centre of attention... read more
The name of the Observatory refers to W.J. Hussey and a good friend of his, R.P. Lamont. Hussey and Lamont were... read more
This strip of land is still in its natural state and extends from Lion's Head down to the sea, giving visitors a view... read more
Development of Langa location In the course of the inter World War years the regulations of the 1902 Location Act were... read more
In 1886 Hans Sauer, who combined a medical practice with prospecting on Cecil Rhodes’s behalf, was guided from Ferreira... read more
This dwelling was erected in 1894 for RH Hammersley-Heenen, resident engineer and general manager of the South African... read more
During the apartheid period, Lebowa was the homeland of the North Sotho people. It became a semi-independent national... read more
Above Hof Street, just behind Leeuwenhof, the official residence of the Administrator of the Cape, there is an... read more
Leinster Hall was built in the 1850s by Sebastian Hofmeyr on a plot of land that previously formed part of the farm... read more

Pages