An important part of the history of Bizana is the Pondoland Revolt of 1960, which took place around the area.
- http://www.calle.com/world/SF/1/Bizana.html - 3 maps locating Bizana on the south east coast of South Africa
- http://www.up.ac.za/beta/news/eng/pressview71.html - for a very brief account of the 1960 Pondoland revolt on University of Pretoria's website
- http://www.marxists.org/subject/africa/mbeki/peasants-revolt/index.htm - an extract from Chapter 9 of Govan Mbeki's 1964 book The Peasants' Revolt, the full text if which is available on http://www.anc.org.za/books/peasants.html
- http://www.q.co.za/2003/07/1407_paradise.htm - looks at the social and environmental impact of a proposed freeway through the Bizana area in an article titled: "Paradise Lost?"
- http://www.ciet.org/www/image/press/press-media200601.html - "Jobless in Bizana", a development agency (CIET) media release on current employment problems in the area
- http://wiserweb.wits.ac.za/PDF%20Files/wirs%20-%20matshikiza.PDF - for an autobiography by Todd Matshikiza in which Bizana features
Dear friends of SAHO
South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support.
SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfill our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
Please help us deliver this by contributing upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.