Dutch Reformed Church, Weyers Street, Durbanville-Bergsig

Dutch Reformed Church Durbanville Image source

In the year 1824 a number of farm owners, living on the outskirts of Cape Town. Petitioned Lord Somerset, the Governor of Cape, for a church to be built for them! The foundation stone was laid on the 1 April 1925. 

It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 29 August 1975.

Google map: 
Feature Parent: 

Last updated : 10-Jul-2017

This article was produced for South African History Online on 14-Jul-2011