Main Post Office, Durban
This Victorian styled building was originally erected in 1885 as Durban's first town hall, which was designed by Phillip Dudgeon in 1882. It was the first meeting place of the South African National Convention, which took place in a hall to the left of the building. It served as the town hall until the time of the Union in 1910, and is situated opposite the current city hall. To-day, it houses the General Post Office. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 25 June 1976.