Places

Pass about 40km north of Witbank, leading westwards from the Olifants River valley to Wildehondekraal. The name is... read more
Bronze plaque on a cairn at the top of the Ecca Pass, 12km south of Grahamstown. It was erected in 1964 by the... read more
Mountain at which Kariega River arises. The name is derived from Khoikhoi aga-full of reeds, and koe-mountain. Rietberg... read more
Port St. John's
Cliff 4km east of Port St. Johns. Takes its name from varieties of veriegated semi-pelucid chalcedonies found there.... read more
Bushman paintings
Town at the southern foot of Aggeneys Mountains, about 60km west of Poffadder. It has been suggested that the name is... read more
Stopping place for the Transnet busses on the route Bedford to Spring Valley. The name is derived from Achaskloof. Area... read more
Township some 6km north of Cunning Moor. Presumably named after the village in France, where Henry V, of England,... read more
the name is Tswana for 'live together in peace'. The township was formerly known as Agisang! 
Early Portuguese name in 1503, of Table bay. Meaning 'waterng place of Saldanha', it was given in honour of... read more

Pages