A Land Dispossession History 1600s-1990s
TCOE Online Exhibition
Photo-documentary Exhibition and Land dispossession history
The text and gallery of images within this feature are concerned with the crucial issue of land rights in South Africa.
They are adapted from a rural people's Photo-documentary Exhibition convened by the Trust for Community Outreach and Education (TCOE), the South African Council of Churches (SACC) and the National Land Committee (NLC).
The Exhibition and programme of Public Dialogue was designed to:
- give insight into rural life and struggle in South Africa today
- strengthen the voice of the rural poor regarding their concerns, dreams and aspirations
- support rural people in reflecting on their lives, struggles and demands
- build solidarity and deepen the understanding between urban and rural South Africans around the need for redress and resolution of the land question in South Africa
- identify limitations in land reform policies and show their impact on the lives of millions of South Africans
The Exhibition opened in Cape Town and toured to towns and cities across South Africa.
For more information, contact Mark Weinberg on email@example.com