This archive is a compilation of documents relating to the sentencing and execution of Solomon Mahlangu. The materials are used with permission, therefore if you would like to reproduce any of the material below please contact the relevant author, institution or archive.
- Scan of official death sentence certificate for Solomon Mahlangu: page 1(Original scan)
- Scan of a letter from Solomon Mahlangu, 3 July 1978 (Original scan)
- Scan of official death sentence certificate for Solomon Mahlangu: page 2 (Original scan)
- Court Verdict Docket, 11 February 1978 (Original scan). Source: South African National Archives
- Exhibit used in the trial. Example of a June 16 flyer found in Mahlangu’s bag (Original scan)
- The courage of the youth: designed by Thami Mnyele and Albio Gonzolas for Medu Art Ensemble, silkscreen, Gaborone, 1982
- South African Post Office stamp, unveiled to mark the 30th commemoration of Solomon Mahlangu’s execution on 6 April 2009
- Solomon Mahlangu poster: designed by Judy Seidman with Medu Art Ensemble, silkscreen, Gaborone, 1982
- Button distributed by ANC to protesters agitating for a stay of execution. Source: African Activist Archive
- Pik lashes West hanging indig nation. Rand Daily Mail (1979) article published one day before Mahlangu’s execution (Original scan). Source: Avusa Media Library
- Time ticks away for Mahlangu (Original scan). Rand Daily Mail article, April 1979. Source: Avusa Media Library
- MK soldier to be ruburied (Original scan). Sunday Times article, 1993. Source: Avusa Media Library
Dear friends of SAHO
South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support.
SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfill our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
Please help us deliver this by contributing upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.