The Apartheid city and resistance
- Durban diary
Author: John Didcott
In Africa South Vol.1 No.1, Jan-Mar 1957
- Rights and riots in Natal
Author: Leo Kuper
In Africa South Vol.4, No.2, Jan-Mar 1960
- Durban explodes (Cato Manor Riots)
Author: Myrna Blumberg
In Africa South, Vol. 4, No 1, Oct-Dec 1959
- The apartheid city and its labouring class: African workers and the independent trade union Movement in Durban, 1959-1985
Author: Nelson Tozivaripi Sambureni (Thesis)
- Durban’s housing in crisis
Author: Crispin Hemson
In Reality, Vol. 13 No.3, May 1981
- In the Forbidden Quarters: Shacks in Durban till the end of apartheid
Violence in Natal in the 1990's
- Two chiefs, but no Indians?
Author: Steve Collins
In Democracy in action, Feb/Mar 1991
- The struggle to end Natal violence continues
In COSATU News No.1, Mar 1990
- Civic forum to back up democratic Durban
Author: Paul Graham
In Democracy in action, July/Aug 1991
- Why did Dingane kill Retief?
Author: Lionel Forman
In: Dawn, Vol.2 No.11, Dec 1979
- Full archive of documents and articles as part of SAHO's 'Indian South African's feature
- The history of the Pretoria District Football Association (P.D.F.A.) from 1905 - 1985
Dear friends of SAHO
South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support.
SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfill our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
Please help us deliver this by contributing upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.