An important part of the history of Bizana is the Pondoland Revolt of 1960, which took place around the area.
- http://www.calle.com/world/SF/1/Bizana.html - 3 maps locating Bizana on the south east coast of South Africa
- http://www.up.ac.za/beta/news/eng/pressview71.html - for a very brief account of the 1960 Pondoland revolt on University of Pretoria's website
- http://www.marxists.org/subject/africa/mbeki/peasants-revolt/index.htm - an extract from Chapter 9 of Govan Mbeki's 1964 book The Peasants' Revolt, the full text if which is available on http://www.anc.org.za/books/peasants.html
- http://www.q.co.za/2003/07/1407_paradise.htm - looks at the social and environmental impact of a proposed freeway through the Bizana area in an article titled: "Paradise Lost?"
- http://www.ciet.org/www/image/press/press-media200601.html - "Jobless in Bizana", a development agency (CIET) media release on current employment problems in the area
- http://wiserweb.wits.ac.za/PDF%20Files/wirs%20-%20matshikiza.PDF - for an autobiography by Todd Matshikiza in which Bizana features