You are here
Sarah Goldblatt, curator of the literary heritage of C.J. Langenhoven, dies in Bellville, Cape Town.
Nationalist Party wins three by-elections with a larger majority than in the 1958 general election. Nationalist Party wins three by-elections with a l...
Carolus Johannes (Karel) Trichardt (Trechardt), son of Voortrekker leader Louis Trichardt and explorer of Mozambique, Zanzibar Carolus Johannes (Karel) Trichardt (Trechardt), so...
Military coup takes place in Dahomey (now Benin) led by Colonel Christophe Soglo. Military coup takes place in Dahomey (now Benin) l...
More Events On This Day
- 1881 Boers defeat British in the battle of Ingogo (Anglo-Boer War 1)
- 1884 Zulu King Cetshwayo Dies
- 1906 Members of Bambathas homestead are pursued by policemen for refusing to pay the ‘hut tax’
- 1958 Edgar Whitehead succeeds Garfield Todd as premier of South Rhodesia.
- 1964 Sir de Villiers Graaff agrees with SA veto of UN visit
- 1981 Mozambique stresses its continued support for the ANC
- 1989 Women call for alternative ways of conscription
more dates like these...