Admiralty House, Simonstown

The building dates from the mid-18th century and its ownership was transferred to the Admiralty in 1814. Rear-Admiral Jahleel Brenton was the first of the navy commanders to live there. The building underwent extensive changes in 1853, and was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 20 October 1972.

Feature Parent: 

Last updated : 19-May-2016

This article was produced for South African History Online on 14-Jul-2011