- October, The United Nations (UN) General Assembly rejects and considers a new constitution of South Africa amended by the Apartheid government as null and void. The General assembly condemned “the South African racist regime for defying relevant resolutions of the United Nations and persisting with further entrenchment apartheid.” Britain and America abstain from the vote.
• Associated Press, S. African Black Offers Truce Deal from Los Angeles Times, 28 January 1985
• Christie, D.J, (2012), The Encyclopedia of Peace Psychology, Volume 1, (West Sussex) pp.273-274.
• Segal, L& Cort, S (2011), One Law, One Nation: The Making of the South African Constitution, (Jacana Media), pp.64-65.
• Du Bois-Pedain, A, (2007), Transitional Amnesty in South Africa, (Cambridge University Press), pp.39-43.
• Butler, A, (2011), Cyril Ramaphosa, (Jacana Media), p.267-312.
• Yusuf, Abdulqawi A. Yusuf, (1996), African Yearbook of International Law / Annuaire Africain de droit international , Volume 3, 1995, , ( Hague), p.222.
• Europa Publications, (2004), Regional Surveys of the World - Africa South of the Sahara 2004, (London), pp. 1021
• Buthelezi, J.C, (2002), Rolihlahla Dalibhunga Nelson Mandela: An Ecological Study, (Victoria- Canada) pp.432-433
Dear friends of SAHO
South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support.
SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfill our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
Please help us deliver this by contributing upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.