- 1781 to 1816 Senzangakhona
- 1816 to 1828 Shaka
- 1828 to 1840 Dingane
- 1840 to 1872 Mpande
- 1872 to 1879 Cetswayo
- 1879 to 1916 Dinizulu
- 1916 to 1933 Maphumazana
- 1933 to 1968 Cyprian Bhekezulu
- 1968 to Date His Majesty King Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu
- maDlamini (born Sibongile Winifred Dlamini), married 27 December 1969 at St Margaret’s Church, Nongoma.
- Buthle MaMathe, born c1951. In May 1996, she and her daughter were seriously wounded in an assault during which they were clubbed, stabbed and shot.
- Mantfombi Dlamini, born 1956, daughter of Sobhuza II of Swaziland and sister of Mswati III, married 1973. A condition for this marriage was that she become first wife, which determines the king’s successor.
- Thandi (born Thandikela Jane Ndlovu).
- Nompumelelo Mchiza, married 25 July 1992.
- Zola Zelusiwe Mafu, married 2004
Children 27 (As of 2003)
- HRH Prince Lethukuthula Zulu (by Queen MaDlamini), born 1970.
- HRH Princess Sibusile Zulu (by Queen Buhle MaMathe), born 1972.
- HRH Prince Dennis Njeru Mucheke aka Charles,born 1984, is currently pursuing aviation studies in Florida.
- HRH Prince Misuzulu Zulu (by Queen Mantfombi), born 23rd September 1974 in Kwahlabisa, KwaZulu-Natal, is currently pursuing a degree in International Studies in Jacksonville, Florida, and is a strong candidate for Zwelethini’s successor. He is unmarried and has one son.
- HRH Princess Ntandoyesizwe Zulu (by Queen Mantfombi), born 1976, married 13th April 2002 at Enyokeni Royal Palace, Nongoma, to Kgosi Oupa Moilwa, Chief of the Bahurutse Bagamoilwa. Civil ceremony July 11, 2004 in Pongola.
- HRH Princess Nandi Zulu (by Queen Buhle MaMathe), born 1977, married (civil) 6 December 2002 in St John’s Anglican Cathedral in Mthatha and (traditional) 7 December at the Thembu Great Place near Qunu, to Chief Mfundo Bovulengwa Mtirara, born 25 March 1973, Acting Deputy Paramount Chief of the Thembu from 2000, Chief of the Matye’ngqina Traditional Authority Area.
- HRH Princess Lomkhosi (by Queen Mantfombi), born 1982, fiancee Melusi Moyo 
- HRH Princess Bukhosibemvelo, (by Queen Mantfombi), born 1985, married Sipho Nyawo, who paid 120 cows as part of ilobolo for the Zulu princess. 
- HRH Prince Shlobosenkosi Zulu (by Queen Buhle MaMathe) born 1988 is currently an 11th Grade student at Kearsney College in Botha’s Hill, Durban.
This List of Zulu kings gives a list of Zulu chieftains and kings from their earliest known history up to the current monarch(The personal standard of King Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu adopted in 1999):
- Malandela kaLuzumana, son of Luzumana
- Ntombela kaMalandela, son of Malandela.
- Zulu kaNtombela, son of Ntombela, founder and chief of the Zulu clan from ca. 1709.
- Gumede kaZulu, son of Zulu, chief of the Zulu clan.
- Phunga kaGumede (d. 1727), son of Gumede, chief of the Zulu clan up to 1727.
- Mageba kaGumede (ca. 1667-1745), son of Gumede and brother of Phunga, chief of the Zulu clan from 1727 to 1745.
- Ndaba kaMageba (ca. 1697-1763), son of Mageba, chief of the Zulu clan from 1745 to 1763.
- Jama kaNdaba (ca. 1757-1781), son of Ndaba, chief of the Zulu clan from 1763 to 1781.
- Mkabayi kaJama, daughter of Jama
- Senzangakhona kaJama (ca. 1757-1816), son of Jama, chief of the Zulu clan from 1781 to 1816.
- Shaka kaSenzangakhona (ca. 1787-1828), son of Senzangakona, king from 1816 to 1828.
- Dingane kaSenzangakhona (ca. 1795-1840), son of Senzangakhona and half-brother of Shaka, king from 1828 to 1840.
- Mpande kaSenzangakhona (1798-1872), son of Senzangakhona and half-brother of Shaka and Dingane, king from 1840 to 1872.
- Cetshwayo kaMpande (1834 - February 1884), son of Mpande, king from 1872 to 1884.
- Dinuzulu kaCetshwayo (1868-1913), son of Cetshwayo kaMpande, king from 1884 to 1913.
- Phumuzuzulu kaDinuzulu (1890-1933), son of Dinuzulu kaCetshwayo, king from 1913 to 1933.
- Cyprian Bhekuzulu kaPhumuzuzulu (4 August 1924-17 September 1968), son of Solomon kaDinuzulu, king from 1948 to 1968.
- Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu (b. 14 July 1948), son of Cyprian Bhekuzulu kaSolomon, king since 1971.