The building was designed by Charles Hosking and was completed in 1906 as the first permanent offices for the new Roodepoort-Maraisburg municipality. It was extended in 1918 after a design by the firm of Baker & Fleming, and continued to fulfil its original function until 1936. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 8 February 1985.The old municipal offices and Roodepoort Town Hall, both situated in Berlandina Street, Roodepoort. Simon Bekker laid the cornerstone for the Roodepoort Town Hall in 1936 and the building was built by Bennet and Company at a cost of £30 875.


-26° 9' 36", 27° 51' 39.6"
Further Reading