You are here
Home » Charles Berman, mine medical officer and expert on primary liver cancer, dies in Johannesburg.
Charles Berman, mine medical officer and expert on primary liver cancer, dies in Johannesburg.
A further 2,147 mile section of the Cape-to-Cairo Railroad is completed when lines meet at the Sudan-Congo border. africanhisto A further 2,147 mile section of the Cape-to-Cairo... ...read more
The Bafana Bafana, SA soccer team, loses 0-3 against Germany in an away game. The Bafana Bafana, SA soccer team, loses 0-3 again... ...read more
Barend Strydom receives eight death sentences as the result of racial murders in Pretoria the previous year. Barend Strydom receives eight death sentences as t... ...read more
More Events From TODAY
- 1803 Britain returns the Cape to the Netherlands and the flag of the Batavian Republic is hoisted on the Castle
- 1858 Walter Benson Rubusana, founding member of the ANC, is born
- 1917 SS Mendi sinks in the English Channel on the way to France
- 1970 Alexander Kerr dies
- 1983 The Trial of strength between the Conservative Party and the National Party begins as three Members of Parliament resign
- 1985 The South African government finally approves the introduction of 99-year leasehold rights for blacks in the townships of Nyanga, Langa and Gugulethu
- 1994 Multiparty negotiating forum meets for the first time since December 1993
more dates like these...