You are here
Home » Charles Berman, mine medical officer and expert on primary liver cancer, dies in Johannesburg.
Charles Berman, mine medical officer and expert on primary liver cancer, dies in Johannesburg.
South Africa’s longest political trial ends in Bethal, Transvaal, with seventeen defendants sharing a total of 147 years’ impri South Africa's longest political trial ends in Bet... ...read more
Prof. Gerhard Johannes Beukes, Afrikaans expert in literature and dramatist, dies in Bloemfontein. Prof. Gerhard Johannes Beukes, Afrikaans expert in... ...read more
First non-Indian Prime-Minister Paul Berenger takes office in Mauritius. First non-Indian Prime-Minister Paul Berenger take... ...read more
More Events On This Day
- 1657 Jan Hendrik Boom becomes one of the first free burghers
- 1907 The railway line between Cape Town and George is opened.
- 1974 ’Viva Frelimo’ rallies, organised by the BPC and SASO, take place even though they were banned by Government
- 1977 Steve Biko, Black Consciousness Movement Leader, is buried
- 1978 The trial of eleven Soweto students charged under the Terrorism Act begins
- 1985 Pretoria disputes compensation for Gaborone raid
- 2003 Amina Lawal is freed
more dates like these...