You are here
Home » Charles Berman, mine medical officer and expert on primary liver cancer, dies in Johannesburg.
Charles Berman, mine medical officer and expert on primary liver cancer, dies in Johannesburg.
A newly formed extreme right-wing organisation, the Afrikaner Resistance Movement, is being investigated by the authorities. A newly formed extreme right-wing organisation, th... ...read more
President F. W. de Klerk announces that he is either suspending or forcibly retiring 23 officers of the South African Defence F President F. W. de Klerk announces that he is eith... ...read more
The terms of reference of the Harms Commission, which is to inquire into alleged murders and unlawful acts of the security forc The terms of reference of the Harms Commission, wh... ...read more
More Events From TODAY
- 1809 An earthquake, measuring 6.5 on the Richter scale, hits Cape Town.
- 1893 Allison Wessels George (Mhlongo) Champion is born
- 1917 Afrikaans linguist H J Terblanche is born
- 1977 Jean-Bedel Bokassa, ruler of Central African Empire, crowns himself.
- 1981 Ciskei is granted ‘independence’
- 1981 Lesotho’s Foreign Affairs Minister reveals details of agreement with Pik Botha
- 1996 The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa is approved by Parliament
more dates like these...