Thomas Mandlenkosi (Mshengu) Shabalala, Inkatha Freedom Party (IFP) National Council member, was ambushed by a group of men outside his house in Lindelani's C Section, known as eMadamini, near KwaMashu. The men shot him in the head and body and he died on the scene. At the time of his death Shabalala was working with the Lindelani residents suffering from HIV/Aids.
Warlord Thomas Shabalala is shot
Thursday, 20 January 2005
This Day In History dates for TODAY
- 1831 Nat Turner leads a slave insurrection in Southampton, Virginia, USA
- 1900 Boers and the British clash in the battle of Dalmanutha
- 1927 The 4th Pan-African Congress is held in New York City, USA
- 1955 Ngoako Abel Ramathlodi is born
- 1955 Shaun Thomson*, world surfing title winner, is born in Durban
- 1961 Kenyan political activist Jomo Kenyatta released from jail
- 1982 Swazi King Sobhuza II dies
more dates like these...