Thomas Mandlenkosi (Mshengu) Shabalala, Inkatha Freedom Party (IFP) National Council member, was ambushed by a group of men outside his house in Lindelani's C Section, known as eMadamini, near KwaMashu. The men shot him in the head and body and he died on the scene. At the time of his death Shabalala was working with the Lindelani residents suffering from HIV/Aids.
Warlord Thomas Shabalala is shot
Thursday, 20 January 2005
This Day In History dates for TODAY
- 1946 The UN decides not to support the request of the Union of South Africa concerning the treatment of Indians in SA
- 1964 Zambia gains independence from Britain
- 1969 The Herstigte Nasionale Party is established
- 1977 The Minister of Justice, Police and Prisons, Jimmy Kruger, received a report of a police investigation into Steve Biko’s death
- 1985 ’Purple rain’ used on women protesters
- 2004 Dumisani Makhaye passes away
more dates like these...