You are here
White referendum in Southern Rhodesia is overwhelmingly in support of Ian Smith’s proposal for independence.
The bitter debate over the power of central government in relation to the provinces is reopened when the Constitutional Court r The bitter debate over the power of central govern... ...read more
South African Airways is given permission to fly over the bulge of Africa for the first time in twenty-eight years. South African Airways is given permission to fly o... ...read more
President Lucas Mangope of Bophuthatswana vows that the country would never be reunified with SA, because it has not become ind President Lucas Mangope of Bophuthatswana vows tha... ...read more
More Events On This Day
- 1889 Rhodes asks Charter for British South Africa Company
- 1901 ZAR’s last Cruesot ‘Long Tom’ is dynamited
- 1901 ZAR’s last Cruesot ‘Long Tom’ dynamited
- 1930 Josiah Gumede is succeeded by Pixley ka Isaka Seme as ANC president
- 1958 Mbhazima Shilowa, former premier of Gauteng, is born
- 1975 SA is suspended from World Meteorological Organization
- 1982 P.W. Botha and Kenneth Kaunda in a historic meeting
more dates like these...