Henry “Black Cat” Cele was born on 30 January 1949 in KwaMashu, Durban, South Africa. As a member of the Cele family he was referred to by his clan name Ndosi (Bavela KwaMthetwa), or Magaye.
• Anon, The Role of Shaka Zulu was Played by Henry Cele in 1983, Depicting The True Life of the Zulu People [online] Available at www.zulu-culture-history.com [Accessed 7 June 2011]
• Anon, Henry Cele, from Whos Who Southern Africa, [online] Available at www.whoswhosa.co.za [Accessed 7 June 2007]
• Anon, Henry Cele profile [online] Available at www.loudletters.com [Accessed 7 June 2011]
• Shakur, A (2007), Henry Cele-Shaka Zulu from Assata Shakur, [online] Available at www.assatashakur.org Accessed 7 June 2007
• Zulu, M & Motsepe, C, (2007), Henry Cele died 'an angry man' from News24, 5 November, [online] Available at www.news24.com [Accessed 7 June 2011]
• Woolaganathan ‘Jackson’ Perumal, Durban, SAHO Telephonic interview ”“ 7 June 2011
Dear friends of SAHO
South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support.
SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfill our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
Please help us deliver this by contributing upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.