Dutch Reformed Church, Jeppetown, Johannesburg

NG Kerk Jeppestown, Johannesburg Image source

The foundation stone of this building was laid on 5 May 1906 by General Koos de la Rey, and the church was officially consecrated on 26 January 1907. It is notable for its high steeple and the stained glass windows and its gables. It was declared a National Heritage Site, under old NMC legislation on 9 March 1973. 

 DR Church Jeppestown and the DR Church Johannesburg East- Irene, joined and formed the Johannesburg congregation.
Google map: 

Last updated : 04-Jul-2017

This article was produced for South African History Online on 14-Jul-2011