The building was designed by Frank Taylor and was officially opened on 16 October 1909 by the then Prime Minister of the Orange River Colony, Abraham Fischer. The men's hostel and the main building were the first to be erected on the site of the former Grey University College, and now form the historic core of the University of the Free State. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 27 December 1985.

Geolocation
0°, 0°