An Anglican Mission in the Xuka River valley, 4 km East of Ngcobo. Established in 1860-61 by Rev. John Gordon, named thus because the Land on which it was established had been allocated to Archdeacon HT Waters by Chief Faku in 1859 on All Saints' Day, the 1st of November! This Feast is also commemorated by members of the Eastern Orthodox Church as well as some Protestant Churches, such as Anglican, Lutheran and Anglican churches.
-31° 40' 33.6", 27° 59' 27.6"
New Dictionary of South African Names by Peter E Raper