Also known as the Old Grey College building. The structure was designed by Architect WH Stucke and was erected in 1894-95 by building contractor D Godley. Its foundation stone was laid on 16 May 1894 by President Reitz and the Eastern and Western wings were completed in 1895 and 1898 respectively. The Building accommodated Grey College until 1907, was then used by the Normal College, and since 1932, by the Bloemfontein Technical College. On 1 July 1909 the South African Academy for Arts and Science was founded here. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 29 June 1984.
26° 7' 12", -29° 36'