The land, which included the whole of Green Point, was granted in 1814 to David Kuuhle. Construction of the house probably began almost immediately and for many years it was known locally as the Manor House. However as the city expanded, so then inroads began to be made into the estate, and by 1890 the property had lost its rural character, and had been incorporated into the urban fabric of the suburb. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 11 September 1964.
-33° 58' 50.6423", 18° 23' 2.3616"