This double-storeyed structure was erected as a Rectory and Vicarage, in 1815 by building contractor, Herman Schutte, and its verandah was added in 1820. The music for part of South Africa's national anthem, Die Stem van Suid Afrika, was composed here in 1919 by the Rev ML de Villiers. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 29 February 1980.

-34° 4' 18.4", 18° 20' 11.8184"