The municipality of Pretoria announced that several autonomous city councils were going to merge to form the City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality (CTMM). The following city councils and local authorities amalgamated on 5 December 2000 to form the new municipality:
- The Greater Pretoria Metropolitan Council
- The City Council of Pretoria
- The Town Council of Centurion
- The Northern Pretoria Metropolitan Substructure
- The Hammanskraal Local Area Committee
- The Eastern Gauteng Services Council
- The Pienaarsrivier Transitional Representative Council
- The Crocodile River Transitional Council
- The Western Gauteng Services Council
- The Winterveld Transitional Representative Council
- The Temba Transitional Representative Council
- The Mabopane Transitional Representative Council
- The Ga-Rankuwa Transitional Representative Council
- The Eastern District Council.
Dear friends of SAHO
South African History Online (SAHO) needs your support.
SAHO is one of the most visited websites in South Africa with over 6 million unique users a year. Our goal is to fulfill our mandate and continue to build, and make accessible, a new people’s history of South Africa and Africa.
Please help us deliver this by contributing upwards of $1.00 a month for the next 12 months.