Saturday, 14 April 1990
Nelson Mandela admits to the torture of dissident guerrillas
ANC calls on International community to save lives At the end of the Soekmekaar and Silverton trial i... ...read more
More Events On This Day
- 1815 British troopship wrecked – 372 drown
- 1837 Nicolaas Jacobus Smit, Vice-President of the ZAR, is born in Graaff-Reinet.
- 1899 President Paul Kruger and Sir Alfred Milner meet in Bloemfontein to discuss the franchise question
- 1902 523 people die in the Black concentration camps of the Second Anglo Boer War
- 1942 Japanese submarines attack naval base in Madagascar
- 1961 Union of South Africa officially ceases to exist
- 1964 Lesotho unable to impose sanctions against SA
more dates like these...