Gustav Preller was a well-known journalist and historian who championed the cause of the Afrikaans language. He occupied this house from 1935 until his death, and many of his later historical works were completed here. It was declared a National Monument under old NMC legislation on 2 March 1973. At the same time, but as part of a separate Government Notice, three stone rondavels built by Preller in Pelindaba in 1920, and initially used by the family as a weekend residence, were also proclaimed. The circular structures were subsequently placed at the disposal of a number of Afrikaans writers and artists, including Eugene Marais who spent the last years of his life here.
-25° 47' 56.4", 27° 54' 21.6"