The Village of Muizenberg was established by the Dutch in 1743 as a Military Post, and was located in False Bay, on the road between Cape Town and Simon's Town. It was named after Wynand Willem Muijs, sergeant in charge of the post in 1844, and later commander of the Cape garrison. The railway line from Wynberg reached Muizenberg on 15 December 1882.

-34° 5' 48.1765", 18° 29' 14.3281"